Saturday, July 10, 2010

Baby Shower #1

My wonderful friends and family have had 3 different baby showers in 3 different states for me. Let me tell you about each of them. Since I have failed miserably on my 6 posts/week commitment, I am going to stretch this into 3 :-)

The first baby shower was in Nevada. I went to visit my sister Cinnamon and her family in Nevada a few months ago. Cinnamon was going to miss my shower in Indiana, and surprised me with one in Nevada on Mother's Day. I've spent a bit of time in Moapa over the years, and so know most of her extended family pretty well. Nonetheless, I was surprised and felt very showered with love by the fact that so many people came to support me. We played silly games like "feed the baby"...
 Pictured here are the winners, Frannie and Veronica. By the end we definitely realized the importance of the bib!


The kids had a crawling race, which I considered participating in. For about 2 seconds.


And we were well nourished by delicious treats. My darling niece has made herself at home in the middle of it. I think when seated she may be the same height as the chocolate fountain. Imagine an adult version of that!

Thanks, Cinnamon, for showering me with so much love! And yes, I did steal these pictures from your blog :-)

1 comment: