Friday, June 25, 2010

Other babies at the Andersons

There is a little robin's nest on the fence by our sidewalk. About 2 weeks ago there were 4 eggs. Now there is one little bird, about to take flight. It is amazing how fast it has grown! I tried to take a picture of it, but every time I get near, the mama and/or papa bird buzz my head. I don't blame them really. I would probably buzz them if they perched right next to baby Anderson. Still, it has been really fun to watch him hatch and grow. Yesterday he was alone in the nest, and a bee was buzzing around him. He would snap at it and try to catch it, but I don't think he's that self-sufficient yet!


If you look closely, at the top of the fence you will see a little nest with some fluff in it. That is the robin. And yes, the fence is only about waist high. It is amazing any of them survived!

No comments:

Post a Comment