Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Embracing Valentines Day (and my girly side)

 So, I have a distant friend who loves Valentines Day. Years ago I randomly stopped by her house one day on Feb 15ish and it looked like the heart gremlins had puked valentines all over the apartment (or Saint Valentine and his doves had come and scattered romance - you can pick which image appeals to you most :-)) I don't mean that to be derogatory - the place was amazing, covered in red, hearts, more roses than I had seen in my life, chocolates, homemade valentines, candles. It had everything!

I always wished I loved Valentines Day that much. Even though I have someone amazing to celebrate with now, I just can't get over the cheesiness of it all. Red roses, white bears, cupid? But this year I will give in to the hype and try to fall in love with Valentines Day! Every day between now and Feb 14, I will do something to celebrate love. I'll start with changing the background on my blog, and keep you posted here! We'll call it the 12 days of Valentines.

Love to all!
 
p.s. I will do my best to keep my Valentines Day cynicism out!! 
p.s.s. As a previous Valentines Day minimalist, I welcome ideas for celebrations!

2 comments:

  1. You could spend an evening with your sweetie making handmade valentines for all your favorite nieces and nephews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!!! Happy Valentines DAY! xoxoxo
    Lumina

    ReplyDelete